Correct and prevent unwanted facial wrinkles made from expressions!
Jeuveau (also known as “NewTox”) is an FDA-approved injectable cosmetic treatment used to minimize the appearance of wrinkles, specifically glabellar lines or the frown lines between your eyebrows.
Jeuveau contains the active ingredient, botulinum toxin type A, which is the same active ingredient in the highly popular Botox injections. Botulinum toxin type A is a neurotoxin that blocks the signaling between the targeted nerves and muscles, causing the muscles to relax. This has the temporary effect of smoothing wrinkles and giving the appearance of younger skin.
- What are the most effective target areas of Jeuveau?
- How do Jeuveau treatments work?
- Before the treatment
- During the procedure
- After the treatment
- Let’s answer some FAQs!
- Which is better: Botox or Jeuveau?
- How long will Jeuveau (NewTox) last?
- Is Jeuveau FDA-approved?
- Schedule a consultation with us today!
What are the most effective target areas of Jeuveau?
Jeuveau (NewTox) is recommended for the treatment of glabellar lines, which are horizontal lines or wrinkles that can form on your forehead, between your eyebrows and above the nose. Glabellar lines are popularly known as frown lines or the “11” lines between the eyebrows.
Jeuveau may also be effective in minimizing crow’s feet – or the wrinkles that form in the corner of your eyes – as well as in lifting your brows and other uses. However, these applications are considered “off label”, meaning they are not among the uses approved by the FDA.
How do Jeuveau treatments work?
Before the treatment
Here at Faces in Bloom, we deliver only natural looking results and make sure our clients have a pleasant, comfortable experience. We customize all treatment plans to fit every patient’s needs and circumstances.
The first step in getting a Jeuveau treatment is to book a consultation with us so we can talk about your concerns and desired treatment areas. During the consultation, we will also determine how many units (dosage) you will need, and discuss with you the benefits and possible side effects of the treatment.
We also encourage you to hydrate your skin prior to the procedure, and to steer clear of blood thinning medications and fluids such as:
- Fish oil
- Vitamin E
This can help avoid bruising or redness around the injection sites after the procedure.
During the procedure
The whole procedure is painless and can take less than 30 minutes. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how Jeuveau treatments usually go at Faces in Bloom:
- Step 1: Assessment and photo taking. Upon your arrival, you will be assessed by your practitioner and will have your “before” photos taken. The photos are used to evaluate the results after the treatment.
- Step 2: Preparation. Next, your practitioner will start prepping the treatment areas by removing any makeup and cleaning your face with sterile alcohol wipes. We will also apply a cold compress to reduce discomfort and swelling during the procedure. Both topical and injectable lidocaine are available for a pain-free experience.
- Step 3: Administering the injectables. A very thin needle will be used to inject the prescribed dosage of Jeuveau into specific muscles around the glabella or any other target area. Moreover, Jeuveau injections will only be administered to wrinkle-producing muscles, thus resulting in smoother skin and natural-looking results.
You can fully see the results after 10 to 14 days, but you may notice some changes in as soon as one to two days.
After the treatment
There’s no special aftercare or rest period required for this injectable wrinkle treatment. To maximize the effects and longevity, however, we strongly encourage all patients to avoid the following for 24 hours after the procedure:
- Lying down within the first four hours of your injection session
- Massaging or rubbing the injection sites or treatment areas
- Applying makeup
- Intense exercise
- Alcohol or tobacco consumption
- Excessive heat and sunlight
After two weeks, you can come back for your complimentary follow-up consultation, where we examine the effectiveness of the procedure and perfect the treatment areas at no additional cost to you.
Let’s answer some FAQs!
Which is better: Botox or Jeuveau?
It’s difficult to assess which injectable is better, as individuals respond differently to different treatments. But according to official clinical trials, Botox and Jeuveau have very similar safety and efficacy profiles.
Out of the newer injectables that have Botulinum toxin type A as the active ingredient, Jeuveau is the only one with the same 900 kDA molecular weight as Botox. This means both treatments are highly comparable in terms of application, treatment, and efficacy.
In fact, Jeuveau is often called the “new Botox” or “NewTox.” Both injectables can minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to practically the same degree with no known major side effects, and have received FDA approval for glabellar lines reduction. There is also little difference between how fast each treatment shows results and how long their effects last. And because they have the same active ingredient, Jeuveau and Botox may be used interchangeably.
When considering which wrinkle relaxer to choose, it’s best to consult with certified medical aestheticians and specialists.
How long will Jeuveau (NewTox) last?
Nerve tissue can regenerate itself, so the longevity of the Jeuveau treatment can last anywhere from three to six months, depending on factors such as the amount of muscle in the treatment area, the severity of lines and wrinkles, muscle hyperactivity, and more.
Is Jeuveau FDA-approved?
Yes, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Jeuveau for wrinkle treatment in February, 2019. In two separate trials reviewed and approved by the FDA, 67% (Trial 1) and 71% (Trial 2) of patients with moderate to severe wrinkles between the eyebrows saw substantial improvement thirty days after treatment.
Jeuveau currently has FDA approval only for the treatment of glabellar lines. However, like other neurotoxin injectables on the market, it may be used on other parts of the face, such as around the eyes and mouth, as an off-label treatment.
As such, it’s crucial to work with highly skilled medical aestheticians who specialize in injectables when considering it as treatment for unwanted wrinkles.
Schedule a consultation with us today
I’m Sarah Bloom, nurse practitioner and the medical director of Faces in Bloom Natural-Looking Medical Aesthetics. Along with my husband and our Anti-Aging Specialist Forrest Schiffman, we ensure that we deliver only natural looking results.
We want you to leave our center feeling more confident and empowered because you feel great about yourself. We have made it our mission to educate our clients about their options in improving their appearance, and we provide a no-pressure medical atmosphere specializing in injectables only.
Here’s what one of our clients has to say:
- “Sarah is incredible!!! I was undecided on what I wanted for a while, shopping around with other popular practitioners in the area and what stood out to me about Sarah is how energetic, positive and educated she is. Now I refer all of my friends to go see Sarah, there is nobody better! My results were exactly what I wanted and she checked in with me to make sure I was happy. I’m a forever client!”
– Katherine R.
Want to learn more about Jeuveau (NewTox)? You can book an appointment here or call us at 360.809.1333. You may also email us your questions and concerns at info(at)facesinbloomnw(dotted)com , or connect with us on Instagram and Facebook.