WITH FDA-CLEARED SKINPEN
Reduce wrinkles, heal scars, lighten sun spots, and boost collagen!
What Is MicroNeedling?
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that utilizes tiny, sterile needles to penetrate the skin, causing micro injuries. The small wounds formed by microneedling trigger our body’s healing process, stimulating the production of more collagen and elastin. The benefits of microneedling are endless, with most of our patient’s seeing improvement in the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles, uneven texture, sun spots, acne, and scars of the face/body.
Before + After Photos
Photos courtesy of Crown Aesthetics.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique, and your results may vary.
How Does It Work?
At Faces in Bloom, we use the first and only FDA-cleared SkinPen® for all our microneedling procedures. The SkinPen® works by using sterile microneedle cartridges and Bio-Sheaths that are single use for each patient, ensuring each procedure is as safe and effective as the previous one. When used by your provider, the SkinPen® delivers thousands of micro-injuries to initiate the body’s wound healing process. The SkinPen® uses a motor that provides a “stamping effect” to help prevent dragging of the needles across the skin that could potentially do more damage. Every patient is different, so when it comes to microneedling, it is important that you find a provider with the knowledge and expertise to give you lasting results.
Types of MicroNeedling:
- Microneedling with serums
- PRP microneedling (See Platelet-Rich Plasma)
Common Concerns Addressed:
- Acne & Acne Scarring
- Fine Lines/Wrinkles
- Uneven Skin Tone & Texture
- Large Pores
- Excess Sebum Production/Oil Control
- Skin Laxity/Aging Skin
- Dry, Flaky Skin
- Dull Complexion
What to Expect at Your Appointment:
When you arrive to your microneedling appointment, your provider will greet you and begin
by taking “before” photos of your desired treatment area. Once this is done, they will complete a thorough assessment of your skin to see if a microneedling treatment would be appropriate for you. Your provider will take the time to listen to your facial concerns, as well as explain the risks/benefits of the procedure prior to proceeding. Once a plan is agreed upon, a topical analgesic will be applied to reduce discomfort during the procedure. You’re now set to go! Your provider will lean you back in the chair and begin making “passes” with the SkinPen® until the desired reaction is achieved. This may take up to three passes over one individual area. Your provider will use a lubricating serum to prevent the SkinPen® from tugging on the skin. In total, your microneedling appointment should last approximately 60 minutes from start to finish.
How Much Downtime Should You Plan For?
Everyone’s healing process varies, but it is safe to expect approximately 3 days of social downtime, as your skin will go through stages after your microneedling treatment. Immediately post microneedling, your skin will be red and inflamed. We recommend that you do not make any plans the same day your treatment is conducted. After 24 hours, your skin will change from red to pink tinged (light sunburn-looking) and you may break out with surface blackheads/pimples. On days 2-4 after treatment, your skin may feel dry and begin to peel. This is an anticipated reaction that can occur from your body getting rid of old skin cells to make room for newly created ones. It is important that you do NOT use any harsh chemicals or active ingredient products (such as retinoids or glycolic/salicylic acids) post microneedling for 3 days. We highly recommend avoiding sun exposure, wearing a mineral, broad spectrum SPF, and using an emollient moisturizer during your recovery period.
How To Prepare for Your Treatment?
- Use an antioxidant serum and prescription-strength retinoid for the 30 days leading up to your appointment.
- Do not stop using your retinoid, as it greatly increases microneedling benefits. Contact Faces in Bloom to ensure that you’re on a recommended product.
- Avoid the use of anti-inflammatory medications for at least three days prior to your treatment.
- These medications can interfere with the body’s natural inflammatory process. Examples include IBUPROFEN®, ALEVE®, ASPIRIN®, and MOTRIN®.
- Refrain from receiving any IPL/laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn for two weeks prior to your treatment.
- If you are someone who is prone to cold sores, please take your antiviral medication (acyclovir or valacyclovir) on the morning of your treatment, as well as 12 hours after your first dose.
- Take 650mg of Tylenol one hour prior to your appointment for pain reduction.
- Arrive to the clinic with a clean face, free of any lotions, oils, makeup, powder, or sunscreens.
When Will You See Results?
Although many of our patients report results within 1-2 weeks of treatment, the most drastic results occur after 4-6 weeks, as it takes this amount of time for the body to finish creating new collagen and elastin. If executed in the recommended series of 4 treatment sessions, one month apart, results significantly increase and will continue to develop over the following months.
The Faces In Bloom Difference:
- We use the ONLY Class II FDA-cleared SkinPen! You can rest assured that your microneedling treatment won’t just be effective, but it will be safe as well. Contamination-free operation, and smooth, polished needles rank this pen the highest in quality when compared with other microneedling cartridges.
- Our membership program! Members of our loyalty program at Faces In Bloom are given microneedling treatments at reduced rates! They also receive discounts on wrinkle relaxer injections, dermal filler, PRP, KYBELLA®, medical-grade skincare products, and chemical peels, as well as an exclusive referral program. We appreciate continued business and feel it’s necessary to reward our tried and true.
Ask about joining the membership today!
How Much Does MicroNeedling Cost?
The cost of microneedling is dependent on the type of microneedling that is conducted and how many are purchased. Best results are seen after 4 treatment sessions, so most patients purchase a 4-pack microneedling bundle with or without PRP, although single microneedling treatments are available.
- Individual treatment: $400
- Recommended bundle of 4:
- Members: $1200 ($400 savings; $300 per treatment)
- Non-members: $1400 ($200 savings; $350 per treatment)
- PRP microneedling:
- Individual treatment: $650
- Recommended bundle of 4:
- Member: $2200 ($400 savings; $550 per treatment)
- Non-members: $2400 ($200 savings; $600 per treatment)