Clinically proven to brighten, tighten, repair, and protect!
Not all skincare products are created equally! Medical-Grade skincare differs from over-the-counter (OTC) products in that they require a supervising physician or nurse practitioner to disperse them. That is why you see stronger, better results with medical-grade products. Many of the items may also require a prescription.
Before + After Photos
Photos courtesy of Skinbetter Science.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique, and your results may vary.
Medical-Grade skincare works more effectively than over-the-counter (OTC) facial products for numerous reasons:
- Active, prescription-required ingredients (like retinoids) are found within many of the products. They increase cell turnover, resulting in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, acne, excessive oiliness, enlarged pores, and uneven texture.
- All medical-grade products are required to undergo extensive clinical studies that not only prove patient safety, but also product effectiveness. In order for a medical-grade product to reach the market, it must demonstrate that it can do what it claims. Randomized, placebo controlled trials provide the highest level of evidence and these studies are customary within medical-grade skincare research.
- Ingredients found within over-the-counter products are meant to work for everyone, therefore, they do not cater to specific skin conditions and do not create as much change.
- Medical-grade products have been engineered to penetrate the dermis and affect deeper layers of the skin while over-the-counter (OTC) products cannot do so (by law). The inability to improve layers of the skin that house key components to the skin’s functionality/structure leads to insignificant changes.
- Over-the-counter (OTC) skincare products allow the consumer to “diagnose” their skin issue and decide which product they should begin using. With medical-grade products, rather, a trained medical professional will thoroughly assess your skin condition and prescribe what is required. The guesswork, and potential mistakes, for improper product choice are avoided.
- Over-the-counter products contain ingredients that are less pure and potent than medical-grade products. That results in a cheaper price point, but less results.
Skinbetter Science® products are purposefully developed and only available through authorized medical providers. In addition to being scientifically advanced, Skinb Science® offers an uncomplicated approach to skincare. One product can deliver remarkable results; two to three products can completely change how one feels about their skin.
Created by world-renowned dermatologist Zein Obagi, ZO® Skinhealth’s mission is to create healthy skin rather than treating disease and damage later on. He has done this through the creation of very specific, effective protocols for well-defined skin types and issues. “Inspired by the legacy + breakthrough contributions of Dr. Obagi, ZO® Skin Health continues to redefine and advance the science of skin health.”
Epionce® is a multi-award winning skincare line based out of Boise, Idaho. Created by Dr. Carl Thornfeldt, Epionce was founded based on original research of therapeutic botanical ingredients and delivery systems. Some of their breakthrough products include their Intense Defense Serum, Renewal Facial Cream, and Lytic Gel Cleanser.
- Acne & Acne Scarring
- Fine Lines/Wrinkles
- Uneven Skin Tone & Texture
- Large Pores
- Excess Sebum Production/Oil Control
- Skin Laxity/Aging Skin
- Dry, Flaky Skin
- Dull Complexion
Your skincare consultation is all about YOU! When you come to your appointment, we will be listening ears. We want to fully comprehend your concerns, educate you on all things anti-aging, and understand your lifestyle well enough to recommend what’s best, as well as most realistic for you to perform! Each person’s skin and desired outcomes are different, so over-the-counter, one size fits all, products will not work best; nor will a skincare regimen that your best friend has. This hour-long appointment is customized for your specific skin type and goals.
There’s no guilt-tripping here! Whether you use only bar soap on your face or have an extensive, top quality skincare regimen, we are here to help.
Depending on exactly what skin condition you’re treating, expect to see skincare results within 4 weeks of initiating treatment!
- We carry physician-only skincare products with effective, pure, prescription-strength ingredients in them! They are clinically proven to reverse the effects of aging and prevent future damage. We carry premium brands: Skinbetter Science®, ZO® Skin Health, and Epionce®.
- We offer a, “It’s going to work or you can exchange it for something that does” guarantee. There’s no fear, just excitement, when making a skincare purchase at Faces in Bloom!
- Our membership program! Members of our loyalty program at Faces In Bloom are given skincare products at reduced rates! They also receive discounts on wrinkle relaxer injections, dermal filler, PRP, Kybella, microneedling, and chemical peels, as well as an exclusive referral program. We appreciate continued business and feel it’s necessary to reward our tried and true.
Medical-grade skincare products start as low as $40 for SPFs and cleansers, all the way up to $150+ for proprietary retinoids and antioxidant serums. The size of the product, along with its beneficial features, dictate the cost.
Here at Faces in Bloom, our focus is on the basics:
- A highly concentrated antioxidant serum to protect against environmental pollutants
- A retinoid to increase cell turnover at the dermal/epidermal junction
- A broad-spectrum mineral SPF to avoid UVA, UVB, Infrared, and Bluelight damage
On average, patients budget $100/month for a full medical-grade skincare regimen, but we are here to customize a treatment plan that works best for YOU! As simple or as complex as you want it to be.