Correct and prevent unwanted facial wrinkles made from expressions!
Juvéderm is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler which adds volume and hydration to certain areas of the face. As a medical aesthetic treatment, Juvéderm is highly effective in minimizing wrinkles and enhancing facial contours.
Hyaluronic acid, the active ingredient in Juvéderm, is a natural occurring sugar in the body whose main function is to retain water and keep tissues moist and lubricated. As such, it helps keep our skin looking smooth and adds volume to the lips, cheeks, and other parts of the face and body. But as we grow older, our natural ability to produce hyaluronic acid diminishes, resulting in loss of volume, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
That is where Juvederm comes in. This injectable filler works to replenish our body’s supply of hyaluronic acid to reverse or prevent the signs of aging. As a volumizing filler, it holds in water at the injection site and acts as a cushioning agent, thus keeping the area hydrated and refreshed.
There are various types of Juvéderm dermal fillers, each designed for specific concerns and target areas:
- Juvéderm Volbella ® XC and Juvéderm ® Ultra XC is ideal for the lips and the surrounding area, subtly adding volume and smoothening vertical lip lines.
- Juvéderm Voluma ® XC is designed to increase the volume and add contours to the cheek area.
- Juvéderm ® XC and Juvéderm Vollure ™ XC are used to treat moderate to severe facial folds or wrinkles.
For Juvéderm treatments in Vancouver, WA, get in touch with us at Faces in Bloom to learn which formulation is right for you.
- What are the most effective target areas?
- Loose skin and acne scars
- Lines and creases
- Hollow or dark under eyes
- How do Juvéderm treatments work?
- Before the treatment
- During the procedure
- After the treatment
- Let’s answer some FAQs!
- Start your journey with us today
What are the most effective target areas?
Having perfect pouty lips at any age is possible with Juvéderm. The product’s hyaluronic acid-based formula and smooth consistency ensure that your lips get that additional plumpness without looking unnatural, especially if the treatment is administered by a licensed specialist.
Loose skin and acne scars
Juvéderm’s volumizing effect can address issues related to diminishing skin laxity and lack of collagen, such as sagging skin or recessed acne scars. The filler can improve loose skin and minimize the appearance of acne scars, creating firmer and more even-looking skin.
Lines and creases
Minimizing the appearance of fine lines and creases is one of the most common uses for Juvéderm dermal fillers. By adding volume to the skin, it can treat aging concerns, including:
- Marionette lines
These are lines that run from the outer corners of the mouth to the corners of the chin, which can create a downturned and gloomy appearance around the mouth. Juvéderm can plump up this area and reduce the appearance of these lines.
- Nasolabial folds or smile lines.
Also known as the parentheses around the mouth, nasolabial folds are formed from the edges of the nose to the corners of your mouth. While typically associated with aging, they can also develop as early as your mid-20s. Juvéderm products with thicker formulations – such as Juvéderm ® Ultra XC – are designed to uplift and smoothen even the most severe folds.
- Smoker’s lines. Smoker’s lines are usually fine, thin lines that develop in the skin around your lips and can become more noticeable as you age. Juvéderm fillers can restore volume to the area and reduce the appearance of these lines.
Hollow or dark under eyes
Some patients have hollow or dark under eyes because of genetic, medical, or age-related factors. Adding volume to these areas through strategic Juvéderm injections can address these issues and provide you with a refreshed and more youthful look.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues and want to know more about how Juvéderm dermal fillers can improve your appearance, schedule a consultation with trusted anti-aging specialists in Vancouver, WA.
How do Juvéderm treatments work?
Before the treatment
One of the most common side-effects of dermal filler injections is bruising, which can be avoided or minimized by doing the following:
- Not taking any blood-thinning medications a week before your appointment, such as Omega 3’s (including fish oil), NSAIDs (Ibuprofen®, Aleve®, Aspirin®, Motrin®, etc.), Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and any kind of garlic supplements
- Avoiding alcoholic or caffeinated drinks 2-3 days before the appointment
- Pre-treating with Arnica Montana 3 days before your appointment (recommended dosage is 5 pellets three times a day), which can reduce bleeding and inflammation
On the day of the procedure itself, we also recommend pre-medicating with a second-generation antihistamine (Zyrtec ®, Claritin ®, or Allegra ®) to substantially reduce swelling on the injection sites. Applying a cold pack for 5-15 minutes can also help constrict the blood vessels.
During the procedure
A Juvéderm dermal filler appointment in our Vancouver, WA center can take a little more than an hour, but the injections will only take around 20 minutes or less to administer. Here’s a rundown of how dermal filler appointments at Faces in Bloom usually go:
- Step 1: Assessment and photo taking. Before the procedure, we make sure to thoroughly discuss your aesthetic goals and to customize your Juvéderm treatment plan accordingly. We will also take this time to explain to you the benefits and potential risks of the procedure.
- Step 2: Preparation. Once your face is clean and the treatment areas are sterilized, we will apply a topical anesthetic to the injection sites or perform a dental block, especially if we are providing lip filler injections.
- Step 3: Administering the injectables. Juvéderm – and a small amount of anesthetic called lidocaine – will be injected to the target areas using a thin needle. Your provider might also gently massage the areas to improve its overall appearance and reduce swelling. Dermal filler treatments can be mildly uncomfortable, but our patients only rate them a 3/10 on the pain scale.
After the treatment
Results are visible immediately after the procedure, but it will take around two weeks for the Juvéderm fillers to fully settle into place. Slight swelling, temporary numbness, bruising, and lumps or bumps around the injection sites are to be expected, but if you follow our pre-appointment instructions, they will be greatly reduced.
The amount of downtime needed can vary for each person, depending on patient-specific response, the dosage and areas injected, and the injection technique. In general, we recommend:
- Avoiding touching or massaging the treatment areas, as well as strenuous exercise, within 24 hours after the procedure
- Taking 3 to 5 days of social downtime to wait for the swelling and bruising to go away
- Avoiding excessive sun, heat, and cold exposure, as well as any blood-thinning medications or beverages, within the first two weeks after the treatment
Let’s answer some FAQs!
Is Juvéderm safe?
Yes, all Juvéderm products are extremely safe, but it’s important that the procedure is administered by a trained and licensed specialist.
- Juvederm is FDA-approved.
This dermal filler was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2006, particularly for the correction of facial wrinkles and folds, lip augmentation, and treatment of age-related volume loss for adults over 21.
- It is hyaluronic acid based.
Hyaluronic acid based fillers have been safely administered in millions of procedures in the last few years. As it has a natural base, Juvéderm dermal fillers are safe and effective for almost all patients (except those with severe allergies to Gram-positive bacterial proteins and lidocaine).
- The effects are reversible
As a hyaluronic acid filler, Juvederm products can be removed from the body with the injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. If you’re unhappy with the results, or experience a rare case of allergy or infection, you can get a hyaluronidase treatment to reverse the effects.
What are the benefits of Juvéderm?
- Natural-looking results. Juvéderm products are developed using Hylacross technology, which results in a smooth gel-like consistency that’s different from the granular consistency of other hyaluronic gel products. This soft, malleable texture makes it indiscernible from your natural skin, resulting in a subtle boosting effect and a healthy glow.
- Results are immediate and long-lasting. Results are immediately noticeable and can last one to two years because of Juvederm’s cross-linking technology.
- It has a wide range of uses and applications. With six formulations approved for different uses, Juvederm can address a wide range of facial aesthetic concerns.
How much does a Juvéderm treatment cost?
For Faces in Bloom members in Vancouver, WA, prices start at $600/syringe and vary depending on clients’ specific treatment plan.
When considering the financial aspect of your treatment, remember that a treatment typically requires more than one syringe, which can be administered in one sitting or over the course of multiple sessions.
Start your journey with us today
My name is Sarah Bloom, and I’m a board-certified nurse practitioner, dermal filler specialist, and medical director of Faces in Bloom Natural-Looking Medical Aesthetics.
Our mission is to provide our patients with beautiful and natural results by:
- Helping each patient understand their own body and the options available to them
- Creating a no-pressure medical environment where the patient is the leading voice in their treatment plan
- Delivering consistently amazing results by specializing in injectables only
Learn more about how Juvéderm can help enhance your appearance the natural way. In Vancouver, WA, Faces in Bloom is the aesthetic center to go for safe and trusted injectables. If you have any questions, or if you want to schedule an appointment, feel free to call us at 360.809.1333 or email us at info(at)facesinbloomnw(dotted)com. We would also love to connect with you on Instagram and Facebook!