WITH OUR TOP TIER PROVIDERS SARAH BLOOM, FNP & FORREST SCHIFFMAN, RN
Smoothen wrinkles, maintain youthful-looking lift, and enhance facial features!
At Faces in Bloom, we exclusively inject hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, including JUVEDERM®, RESTYLANE®, and VERSA®: the safest dermal fillers on the market. They are highly effective and completely reversible. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance within the body that gives youthful-looking fullness to one’s face. Therefore, by injecting synthetic hyaluronic acid, one can soften and/or accentuate the lips, lift the cheeks, smoothen the smile lines, enhance the jawline, and more. Most commonly known for “plumping the lips,” dermal fillers are also extremely effective at filling areas of the face that have age-related hollowing, all without the expense or inconvenience of cosmetic surgery. This minimally invasive procedure is extremely safe and typically provides a result that far exceeds patient expectations.
Before + After Photos
Photos courtesy of Allergan.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique, and your results may vary.
Hyaluronic acid is a thick, gel-like substance that is injected into the head, neck, or face using a fine point needle or blunt-tip cannula. It has two, effective functions:
- It can restore lost facial volume that presents via smile lines, marionnettes lines, under eye hollowing, smokers lines, and a heavy mouth/jowl.
- It can create fullness and accentuate specific features, as desired by the patient. Lip filler, cheek contouring, and chin/jawline enhancement are examples of this function.
Your injection specialist will pick the correct dermal filler that best suits your treatment area and desired outcome.
- Under Eyes/Tear Troughs
- Nasolabial Folds (Smile Lines)
- Marionette Lines
- Lip Lines (Smoker’s Lines)
Dermal filler appointments last 60-75 minutes, although the injections themselves are typically executed in 20 minutes or less. “Before photos” are taken on all of our patients upon arrival and prior to any injections of dermal filler. At Faces in Bloom, we are just as excited as you are to see results. During your appointment, the provider will listen to your facial concerns, conduct a thorough assessment, present procedure options, and explain risks/benefits in achieving your desired outcome. If a treatment plan is agreed upon, topical anesthetic will be applied or a dental block performed (specifically for lip filler injections) in order to lessen the discomfort, as dermal filler treatment can be mildly uncomfortable. Patients rate dermal filler injections a 3/10 on the pain scale. All dermal fillers used at Faces In Bloom contain lidocaine, resulting in a more enjoyable experience.
Recovery time after dermal filler injections is dependent on several factors, including whether or not pre-appointment instructions were followed, patient-specific response, area injected, and technique executed. Plan for 3-5 days of social downtime, as an overfilled appearance of the treatment area, bruising, swelling, temporary numbness, and lumps/bumps are anticipated reactions. These conditions can be remedied with topical icing, daily antihistamines, and avoidance of blood thinners (alcohol, caffeine, fish oil, and ibuprofen).
Following injections, it is advised that you refrain from strenuous activity for 24-48 hours to help minimize swelling and bruising.
Preparation for dermal filler injections is minimal, but extremely important to ensure you get the best results possible, with as little downtime as possible.
Because of the potential for bruising during dermal filler injections, you should avoid taking any medications that may act as blood thinners for one week prior to your appointment. These medications include Omega 3’s (fish oil), all NSAIDs (IBUPROFEN®, ALEVE®, ASPIRIN®, MOTRIN®), Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, and Garlic supplements. Alcohol and caffeine also increase the risk of bruising; avoid their consumption for three days prior to injections.
We suggest that everyone pre-treat with Arnica Montana 3 days before your treatment by dissolving 5 pellets underneath your tongue, 3 times per day. When pre-treating with Arnica Montana, avoid drinking coffee 20 minutes before and after each dose. Arnica can be purchased at most health food stores, including Whole Foods, Chuck’s Produce, and Trader Joes. It can also be purchased on Amazon.
Lastly, on the day of your appointment, we ask that you premedicate with a second-generation antihistamine (10mg of ZYRTEC®, CLARITIN®, or ALLEGRA® ). Avoid BENADRYL®, as it is sedating. Doing this will substantially reduce swelling from injections.
Although results from dermal fillers can be seen immediately, swelling, bruising, and redness are anticipated reactions that occur directly after treatment. These side effects may take up to 14 days to resolve; therefore, plan accordingly when booking your dermal filler appointment. Following pre-treatment instructions may cut down this recovery period significantly. Full results will be seen at 2 weeks.
- We carry a wide variety of dermal fillers, including VERSA®, RESTYLANE®, and JUVÉDERM®.
- Our membership program! Members of our loyalty program at Faces In Bloom are given dermal filler injections at reduced rates! They also receive discounts on medical-grade skincare products, wrinkle relaxers, Kybella, PRP, microneedling and chemical peels, as well as an exclusive referral program. We appreciate continued business and feel it’s necessary to reward our tried and true.
The cost of your dermal filler varies based on the treatment area, with prices starting at $700 for members and $800 for non-members.
Typically, areas require more than one syringe to reach ample results, which may be executed in one sitting or over the course of multiple treatment sessions.
See below for an average treatment expectation:
- Lips: 1-2 syringes ($700/syringe for members; $800/syringe for non-members)
- Under Eyes: 2 syringes ($1400 for members; $1600 for non-members)
- Cheeks: 2-3 syringes ($800/syringe for members; $900/syringe for non-members)
- Chin: 1 syringe ($800/syringe for members; $900/syringe for non-members)
- Temples: 2 syringes ($1400 for members; $1600 for non-members)
- Jawline: 2-3 syringes ($800/syringe for members; $900/syringe for non-members)
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: 1-2 vials ($900/vial for members; $1000/vial for non-members)